Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fluffy Sheep

I made these to go with my son's Dragon Training birthday party game, but you could use them as snowballs, sheep or anything else you can imagine.

 Materials:
     Thick soft yarn (I got baby blanket yarn on clearance)
     Scissors
     Patience

Wrap yarn around your hand sixteen times.  Do you have to do 16?  No.  That's just how I did mine.

Cut a short section of yarn.



 Slide the yarn off your hand.  Use the short section of yarn to knot off the center of your wrapped yarn.

Taking your scissors cut all the loops on each end of the wrapped yarn.














Next pull apart the yarn.  I pulled each strand of yarn in half to the center.

This one is partially done.  You can see that by splitting the yarn it becomes curly and fluffy.
Look at my little herd of sheep!

After finishing these I thought "why didn't I think of this for my daughter's Frozen birthday".  They could have had a snowball fight.

I have tucked this little things away for a mid-winter indoor snowball fight this year.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment