Friday, August 29, 2014

First Day of School Survival Kit

 This year I thought we could start the year out with a little survival kit for the teachers.

Using large recycled peanut butter jars I was able to fashion cute little survival kits.

Materials:
   Large jar
   Tea (2 kinds)
   Instant coffee (4 packets)
   Chocolate bar
   Hard candy
   Hand sanitizer
   Chewing Gum
   Craft paper
   Glue
   Pens



I was inspired by several different posts in Pinterest but was concerned about sending glass mason jars on the bus with my kids.

Problem solved.  I can't bare to throw away peanut butter jars.  I use them for everything.

Using a lot of supplies from my scrapbooking supplies I was able to decorate the recycled peanut butter jars.

These are pretty simply decorated.  Most of it was pen work with colored sharpies.  I used oval cutters and long strips of cardstock.






The writing reads:

"Welcome back to school" - around the edge
"Survival Kit" - in the center

"Thank you for all you do!" - on the back

It worked out great and the teachers loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment